Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring


I love waking up and finding the sun shinning and the weather nice. Yesterday we headed to the university plant sale and got 14 tomato plants and a few flowers to fill out our raised beds. Its still weeks before the frost date passes and it will be safe to plant them outside.  So for the time being my upstairs bathroom has been over taken by plants.   I think today we will walk down to the local food co-op and get a few seed potatoes and seed packets.
I can't wait to get C out in the garden to have him experience the joy and excitement of looking for a yummy strawberry, and picking a ripe tomato and eating it. All children should have edible plants growing at home, a potted plant in a window a small tomato plant on the patio. If every house had a garden even a tinny one it would make the whole battle against obesity and proper nutrition so much easier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was really little, my mom had this fantastic garden in our backyard. Lots of edibles! We would pick raspberries straight off the vine. Yum. Kids who get REALLY fresh fruit and veggies are so lucky :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...