Sunday, December 30, 2012

Toodler food

We are one of those households, the allergies list as long as your arm places where everything that comes in needs to be dissected to determine if its safe.  We are Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Orange-free and have other food issues with eggs, most fruits, and red meat. We also don't do processed foods, preservatives, and are trying to cut all GMO stuff out too. I can't say I miss them but this can make eating a challenge.
sweet potato, kale salad, mashed potato, and cornbread
C has suddenly upped the amount he wants to eat he is always hungry and so I have found that my old nurse a lot, feed him a little of what ever I'm having method of meal times doesn't work any more. We have moved on to planned toddler meals. I want to make sure that he is getting a balanced diet because even with out all the junk its still possible to be lacking in good stuff.  This is the first week of planned munchkin meals, I will be attempting to make him breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and bedtime snack.  Ideas for breakfast are pancakes, oatmeal, muffins, smoothies, snacks will be bite sized and a mixture of veggies and protein, lunch will be what ever we are having usually rice based with veggies and dinner will be the same.
 My hope is that by making sure his meals are balanced and have variety it will spill over into the meals of the rest of the house, that my husbands lunches will become more rounded and our family meals will too.  I'm sure that it will take a while to get in a routine and get used to having a verity of good snacks on hand. So this week I am reading every book on toddler nutrition and breastfeeding a toddler that I can get my hands on and searching Pinterest for fun lunch and snack ideas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...