Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spring!



So spring is finally here and there is so much that I want to do this year I'm working on turning our boring grass yard into a garden. I'm not a fan of grass you have to mow it and water it and its just so boring. I would much rather have a yard filled with wildflowers and not have to do anything to it. (just one of the many perks of native plants)


I have been working on this transformation on a limited budget and so most of the plants have come from freecycle and amazing group where people post things that they don't want any more for free. its great check it out at http://www.freecycle.org/


We needed to put in a fence to keep our cute little puppy from running around in the street, and it needed to be cheap to build, the solution wooden pallets, they are free from the local hardware store and they make a great fence.


I can't wait to see what it looks like when it gets finished but so far its looking good, it will look even better when we stain it and there are flowers growing all over it.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...